Pam's Camino de Santiago.

Psalm 84: 5 - 7.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Adventure begins

Well I was up very early to make it to  the airport for my Vueling  flight to Santiago de Compostea airport (actually located in the nearby town of Lavacolla where I will be a few days from now. I managed to see a few pilgrims walking the route I will be traveling when I took the bus to Lugo, and from there to Sarria.  My original plan was  to take a bus directly into Sarria from Santiago, but this actually got me to  the alberque where I'll be overnighting much earlier. This way I got to see a bit of the city in daylight I was then able to buy a SIM card for my T-Mobile myTouch (LG-800) which seems seems to be working!









 Sarria is a fair-sized town.  Some have commented that it is too modern and without charm. Yes, much of it is modern, but for many the pilgrimage route starts here. The is a lovely old quarter and parts of the Calle Mayor where my alberque is located might easily be called alberque row as the are several together.






I walked down to the Monasterio de la Magdalena to have a look around and actually found myself already on the pilgrim route!







No comments:

Post a Comment